Monday 10 January 2011

Hello Lover...

My favourite words ever uttered by the legendary SJP... but in my case my lover is a bag, not shoes.    

My birthday shopping trip to London resulted in me spending way too much money on this deliciously gorgeous Miu Miu clutch bag.  The best friend had to convince me that it was worth it... I was trying to be sensible and use some of my birthday money to pay off my hideous overdraft but this clutch kicked my sensible self's butt.  It's made of the softest leather I've ever felt in my life and the smell of it whilst standing in Harrods surrounded by all those designer handbags was intoxicating... plus I must admit that there was a part of me that wanted to buy it to prove the snotty sales assistant that I could afford to!
Anyway, this was my 'piece de resistance'... however, it's terrifying actually taking it out the house. I do feel much happier when it's safe in it's dust cover in my handbag box. The trip itself has to be described as intoxicating too. I mean, London, wow.  I know that so many people hate it, but I loved the fast paced, ruthless hurry of the city.  I may be deluded but the way everyone rushes around like there's no tomorrow... they all have this look of steely determination painted onto their face. Not the tourists, no. You can tell who are the tourists and who are the Londoners, because the latter are rolling their eyes at the others. I want to be in the latter, I want to be able to navigate the tubes like a pro and shop in Harrods every weekend rather than just every birthday. To say I was mesmerised would be an understatement.  France is where I want to settle and write for Parisian Vogue, New York is where I want to do my christmas shopping every year, Monte Carlo is where I want to holiday and London... London is where I want to put myself on the map, be a young professional and gain all the possible life experience I could need. 




London, congratulations.  You've officially been promoted to fourth favourite city.       
        
Pour Maintenant, Au Revoir.
Tout Mon Amour.

Neen x



No comments:

Post a Comment