Wednesday 26 January 2011

“When we judge or criticize another person, it says nothing about that person; it merely says something about our own need to be critical.”

Today I experienced the first of many hurdles I expect all journalists have to face.  Criticism.  
Now, in my opinion criticism is always constructive whether negative or positive and I always try to learn from what other people say.  I value all the opinions of my readers and if any of you ever thought I wasn't right in something I said or had an idea of what I should write about etc, I would be very pleased to hear from any of you.
The thing I don't like is 'bitching'.  In fairness, the only people who feel the need to bitch are those who aren't brave enough to say it to the person's face.  My friend told me that a girl I went to school with wasn't impressed with my blog as apparently I 'only shop at topshop'.  I find this strange because I've written many posts and only a couple have been about topshop.  I admit, Topshop is my favourite shop!  But I don't see how that means I can't write a fashion blog?  I've written about a wide variety of shops but that's not the point.  The point is; I imagine that when I am a journalist I will have to cope with narrow minded people making ill-informed opinions about me behind my back... however, it all seems a little high school. 
I'm not forcing people to read my blog and I don't expect everyone to enjoy it.  I write because I enjoy it and other people liking it too is just an added bonus.  I really appreciate everyone who reads this blog and for those who don't enjoy it, feel free to give me some constructive criticism.  I would never ignore someone's opinion and to prove this; my next post will focus on the advantages and disadvantages of charity shops.  I myself am not an avid fan, that mainly comes from my inability to trawl through unorganised rails, but I have seen people wearing some real vintage gems from the likes of the British Heart Foundation etc.  I hope the theme of my next post will please my first critic and I also hope that people will soon realise that bitching on Facebook isn't the way to act like a grown-up.  I feel like I'm a better person for realising this and I hope others will follow suit.


As Coco Chanel once said- "Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future." 


Let's not act like we have just escaped adolescence?  Chanel wouldn't approve.


Pour Maintenant, Au Revoir.
Tout Mon Amour,
Neen X

No comments:

Post a Comment