Thursday 3 February 2011

How to look good naked.

GIRLS, GET YOUR KIT OFF.




So for starters, I have two amazing and very brave friends.  I can't say they were thrilled at the prospect of stripping down to their underwear but it was all in the name of research.  My sources for most of my blog posts tend to be my friends and they are very reliable sources.  Yesterday, I realised that they're all self-conscious about at least one part of their body, which seemed ludicrous to me as they're all gorgeous.  Needless to say, I can sympathise with them.  I hate my love handles, the lower part of my stomach won't seem to firm no matter how many sit-ups I do and my bum causes me constant grief.  However, I am not alone with these woes, my friends seemed to have similar hang-ups about the same areas.

 The lower stomach issue can be caused by the pill.  Now I don't know whether mine is or isn't, but it's nice to have an excuse isn't it?  I prefer that to admitting that I just generally eat too many take-aways...
But having spoken to different people about it, most seem to see this slight bump as attractive.  I've been told by many boys that girls look stupid just straight up and straight down, were meant to have curves and lumps and bumps!  Embrace it ladies!





Next, the illusive love handles.  I have to admit that these cause me the most grief... nobody else can even tell you've got them really but you can feel it.  If I put trousers on that are a little on the tight side or a slightly cropped top... I can feel them protruding out the sides.
However, the old saying 'you need something to grab onto' may not be far wrong.  My male source who shall remain anonymous claims that it's scary to hold a girl and feel nothing but bone.  Not scary in a frightening way but scary in a worrying way, nobody likes to feel a skeleton when they cuddle at night do they?




And the bum... oh the bum.  It's annoyingly hard to maintain and prone to annoying things like cellulite and sagging.  My bum is nowhere near the description of firm, and I know that given a few more years and plenty more greasy food, I'll have a lovely bout of dimples covering the surface.  Depressing? Indeed.  But terrible? Maybe not.
Were all aware that magazines air brush the celebs to high heaven in order to make them look like goddesses and make us feel like we have to be the same, but luckily brave celebrities like Mischa Barton are coming out and saying 'yeah, I've got cellulite... and what?'.  Come on, if it's cool for Mischa, it's cool for us.



The thighs are another killer.  If I had a pound for every time one of my friends said to me 'I hate my thighs', I'd most definitely be loaded.  The thing is would you rather have a bit of muscle and fat surrounding your legs or look like your standing on two tooth picks.  I can't describe how much I cringe when I see people with really really skinny legs running, I literally feel like they're going to snap any second!
So embrace your thighs girls, don't hate them.



When you get home ladies, take a long look at yourselves in the mirror.  Instead of doing your usual trick of picking everything you hate and dwelling on it for the rest of the day, try picking your favourite part of your body.  My girls did it; one's got fabulous boobs, the other is blessed with a perky bum and they both are drop dead gorgeous.  And if you can't see your impressive parts, then get your friends round and they'll tell you what's amazing about you.  Trust me, I've never felt so sexy as when my friends said I had a lovely figure.



 
Embrace the figure you've got girls cos from what I've heard it's downhill as you get older!  Stop worrying about what a Big Mac will do to your body and enjoy yourself!  As long as you don't over do it, you'll be fine.  Besides, the saying 'a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips' is a lie anyway...

Girls, we don't need Gok Wan to tell us we look hot.


Pour Maintenant, Au Revoir,
Tout Mon Amour,
Neen x




No comments:

Post a Comment