Friday 4 February 2011

Nails to reflect your mood

Firstly, I would like to congratulate myself on the fact that a few posts ago, I wrote about up and coming model/actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley... and who's on the front of Vogue's March issue?  Oh, I am way ahead of you Vogue... ;)

Anyway,  I couldn't resist telling you all about this amazing new nail art I've became obsessed with.  My friend received it as a present all the way from Dubai where her dad's living at the moment... and it's incredible.  The basics of it is that you paint your nails with a base colour of your choice.  Then you choose a design.  This is the fun part as you can go for an all over pattern or a flower... there's even little apples or strawberries you can have.  When you've chosen, you paint straight onto the design with one of the nail varnishes provided in the kit.  My friend tells me that you have to use the ones provided as they are a lot thicker than normal nail varnish and that's the whole reason the transfer works so well.  Then, you use the little scraper provided.  It kind of reminded me of an ice scraper you would use on your car but mini...
You scrape the excess varnish so that all that is left is your design highlighted in the varnish colour, then you take the rubber stamp provided and transfer the design onto the stamp... finally, you stamp it onto your nail and you're done.






The designs you can create are endless.  Not only can you change the designs but you can change the colour schemes.  I'm a girl who adores painting her nails.  If I'm bored or stressed, I love getting out my nail kit and sorting my cuticles out, buffing and shaping my nails, applying a base coat and then a gorgeous, bright colour to make my nails look pretty.  Now this nail art is just even better... my friend accidentally left it at my house and I just kept wanting to do them again and again.

If you fancy getting creative with your nails then visit the site:
http://www.konad.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=21&language=en

It's not cheap but it's well worth the money... I'm buying my Konad Nail Kit right now.

Pour Maintenant, Au Revoir,
Tout Mon Amour,
Neen x

No comments:

Post a Comment